Such nice surprise when I got a notification that Saving Without Scrimping nominated me for the Libster Award.
The Liebster Award is a small blogger award that gets passed around to recognize smallish or newish blogs that deserve to be recognized.
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Thanks so much for the nomination and the sweet words Saving Without Scrimping. I just started reading your blog and I love it so far! I am also about to attempt to cut my own hair this weekend- wish me luck.
Here are my answers:
1.What`s been the most surprising thing you discovered since you started blogging?
That people actually like some of the stuff I write. I also thought it was going to be a lot easier- writing constantly, but as it turns out, you’re not always in the mood to write.
2. If someone was to write a book about you what would the first and last sentences be?
Oh man, ummmm…. I have no idea.. I can’t even come up with anything. lol.
3. The book was a hit! They’re making it into a movie – what type of movie will it be (drama, romcom, action, etc.) and who would you want to play you?
Most probably a romcom. I’m romantic like that. I’m going to have to go with Blake Lively just because of my immense girl crush on her- but I do realize she looks nothing like me… so I guess realistically, Keira Knightly, I get told that I look like her a lot (ppfft, i wish).
4.If you could choose an age to be right now what would it be? Why?
Oooh, that’s a tough one. If I knew that I would have my life together and everything was smooth sailing, I’d same some age in the future… like 26/27? But if I had to go back, I’d absolutely go back to my university days, so 20/21. Those were good, carefree days!
5.What’s your favourite thing to do in a day?
Nap with my cat on my belly. But more realistically: Walk around during my lunch hour and go for coffee.
6.Why did you choose your blog name?
I had such a hard time coming up with a new name for my blog, and ultimately my boyfriend came up with it- credit where credit’s due- but I wanted it to portray that my blog is about money and also lifestyle and other things.
7.What’s on your bucket list?
Live abroad for at least 6 months, go sky diving. All that I can think of right now.
8.If you were to create a slogan for your life what would it be?
Can you NOT? I say that a lot and at everyone.
9. What’s your theme song for the moment?
I have a lot that I like, so I’m just going to name some: Watch out for this, Watch out for this- Major Lazer, Help me Lose my mind- Disclosure, King- Years and Years, Next to me- Otto Knows. I could go on for a while…
10. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month which show would it be?
Omg, Pretty Little Liars because it would just be insane lol.
11. What is an experience that changed your life for the better?
This might sound lame, but meeting my boyfriend- like 5 years ago. I honestly never thought I would actually found someone who would truly accept me for me, so he’s changed my life by letting me be myself and supporting all my attempts to better myself.
ANNNNDD I nominate:
Laugh up my sleeve– Renee, you are hilarious and I love reading your tips!
Stacking Twenties– I love your honesty and your opinions on the different topics you write about.
The World of Cos – I love your obsession with all things beauty and seeing what you use and your nails are just TOO great!
Simply Save – I love all the tips you share for frugality!
Hourglass Cath – You are such a beautiful and empowered woman, reading your thoughts about yourself makes me feel better about myself!
You girls are all fantastic and I love reading your blogs!! 🙂
My questions are:
1.What is your favourite thing to spend money on?
2. What do you think you spend money on the most?
3. Where was your favourite place that you’ve traveled to and/or where do you want to visit the most?
4. How do you stay motivated to write on your blog often?
5. What is your biggest goal that you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
6. If any, what is your favourite piece of makeup?
7. What are your thoughts on frugality and what are your best advice to achieve it?
8. What is your go to joke?
9. How do you stay positive when everything seems to be going wrong, or at least not the way you wanted?
10. What is your favourite meal/recipe to cook?
11. I am using the same question, because I think it’s a great question: What is an experience that changed your life for the better?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!